Toulan Suggestions | General Discussion

Heidi Stassinopolis

Shop Owner
Volunteer Mentor
VCAT Team Member
would it also be possible to convert [Metal Residue] into [Shrapnel
There are usually orders on Caly AH for metal res at over 101% and if you really want shrap then a lot of people sell it for 100.5% so I think this is the way to do this already

Jalia

In Nahar City, the Corbite Trading Company teleporter is quite a way from the televator to the shops. Could the existing televator be moved closer? It seems a bit illogical to have the two so far apart. I often like to do a bit of shopping if I'm waiting for a new task and I'd like to increase my available shopping time 🛒

Edit 04 March 2023: And it's been moved. Thank you, that's far more convenient :D

Last edited:
I would like to make a suggestion related to the Baraka armor obtained from the CUHOF Caves.

Recently, I came to Toulan to farm a set of M Baraka armor for my avatar. In the first night, I spent ~5k PED and got back ~4k PED. In chatting with various members of the community, I've learned that TT returns in CUHOF instances average 80-90% and Loot 2.0 rules do not apply there.

I am not angry about the TT returns - that is not the purpose of my suggestion. However, I provide that context here so that Ant can know where I am coming from. Further, it is helpful context for me in determining whether I want to continue farming for the armor set. Knowing one's cost is crucial to making informed decisions.

So, I spent/lost $100 of real money the first night and obtained one armor piece....a F piece that my avatar can't use.

Now, I'll have to go through the headache over the next several weeks of trying to find an avatar that will trade with me for an equal Tier 0 piece, which will probably not be easy. Instead, I propose that VirtualSense implement a terminal where avatars can trade M for F pieces or F for M pieces of equal TT value. That mitigates the extra time waste of what is already a very costly process for committed players.

As I said above, I do not mind paying the implicit cost of farming a full set. But the added time cost of farming the right sex set makes it feel like a fool's errand and I will not proceed trying to farm pieces unless a change is made here.

Thanks for your consideration!

Last edited:

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Thanks for sharing your info with me in the game in PM and then coming here to post so that Ant can see your suggestion at my request. He reads all feedback / suggestions and assesses everything to consider whether viable or not, or if it's something that could actually be accomplished based on the development process. He however does not respond to the posts, but if he finds something that is doable, then he will give consideration to it and maybe something that will turn up in a future VU, but there are never any promises.

I also shared the EU Discord discussion about the CUHOF (and other universe) instances so that he is aware of that as well.

Would it be possible to make it easier to land on Toulan? currently the problem is when in space I find it very difficult to get the prompt that asks you do you wish to land. I end up going up and down around the whole area on the edge of space before I find this prompt.

Perhaps the landing area could be enlarged so that it covers a vast stretch from western edge of planet to the eastern edge along the space boundary? (which is the case with all other planets and landing a non issue)

Apologies if this has been raised before.

Vonny

[QUOTE Would it be possible to make it easier to land on Toulan? currently the problem is when in space I find it very difficult to get the prompt that asks you do you wish to land. I end up going up and down around the whole area on the edge of space before I find this prompt. ][/QUOTE]

The easiest way to fly down to planet is start at entrance to spacestation, use align horizontal to line-up your ship, and then fly due north. I agree though that this needs to get fixed, Toulan is the hardest planet to land on and we shouldn't need to aim away from where we see the planet in space to land on it.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Unfortunately, it's a space issue, and space is MA's domain ... the problem with the Toulan planet entry to land has been there for a very long time and it was reported, but it has never been fixed ... it's nothing that we can do regarding that, and it's not an option to expand the landing zone at the Citadel.

We have an actual waypoint that we give people in the game to use that makes it easier to land on Toulan, but other than individually giving someone the waypoint, there's really no other optimum way to make sure that everyone gets the message other than in chat.

If you fly to the Space Station, align your ship horizontally, and then fly due north as Vonny suggested, that works too.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Ok, thanks for reply DME.

Would it be possible to share the waypoint here?

Yes, of course, and sorry I didn't add it earlier in my post ...

Toulan Planet Entry -
/wp [Space, 85591, 81634, 130, Waypoint]

If you copy that waypoint as is and paste it in your chat log in the game and click on enter, it will place a waypoint on your map.

Can you please tick Dunkel into a random to us, thought through by PP, area on Toulan. It is a rare desirable material that is quite valuable to both miners and crafters further promoting mining on Toulan. 😊

So we were in chat today discussing improvements to the game. This suggestion has always been something I thought EU, Toulan, Monria, etc. could always benefit from.

Concept: A portable or booth-style shopping area where non-shop owners can sell their wares.

Explanation: We have shop owners, which is great but not all shop owners continuously keep their shops stocked and with the right things. I travel EU constantly and I hunt, and craft mainly. What I have found is that trying to find on auction or in a shop that one specific material is hard. Granted I know I am not always going to find everything, (try finding light metal plating to make Lich armor) I need when I need it but this suggestion would give that opportunity of finding what I am looking for a better chance.
There is also the fact that people like me who don't have shops on any planet could sell what they gather while they are on that planet that way it is not left in the auction house or going to the TT machine.
These booths/miniature shops could be rented for 'XX" ped/hr. Max X hours per day. This feature would also help keep the balance of the number of people selling items down, still allowing for the auction and shop owners to sell what they would have. It would increase traffic because not only do you have more sellers and availability you have more people making ped and spending ped in that area.
Don't get me wrong my idea is not to make ped although that is a necessary staple. My goal is to improve the game.

If you need a reference idea as to how it could be set up or how it would work. Take a look at Everquest. Originally they had everybody sitting online in the middle of an area where they sold their wares and shouted it in chat. Kind of like the Trade Channel and twin peaks used to be, then they moved to a specific area where everyone could log in a character and set it to sell what they had. I liked the idea but it also created bots/alts where people left it on 24/7 my concept takes that apart and allows a user to use only a certain number of hours per day that way as many as possible can get in there and sell.

Let me know if you have questions or want to discuss more.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I was present when that entire discussion took place with regard to the need for having traders on Toulan, and that is something I agree with. We had a few of them at Guardian Village, but that takes dedication and time.

I can see the need for some sort of trading function perhaps at Guardian Village, but the one thing we don't want to do is take away from the booth and shop owners, or those who sell from shopkeepers in their apartments. We created the Toulan Shop Inventory Tool where the inventory lists from all booths, shops and shopkeepers are added to the database and shows where to find the items you're looking for, but the challenge is for the booth, shop and shopkeeper owners to keep up with their inventory.

We want to support a Toulan economy, but it has to be in a way that doesn't take away from those who have invested in booths, shops and shopkeepers to facilitate trade. However, these individuals have to be dedicated to make sure they continue to restock inventory.

For those who come to Toulan to engage in hunting, mining and crafting, I can see the need to be able to sell resources, so it's definitely something to think about. What the course of action is at this point I'm not too sure, but one thing I know absolutely, is that Ant and Kendra read these feedback posts and take them seriously.

Hopefully, with a bit of constructive discussion we can perhaps figure something out that will help all.

Thanks for posting this thread John Michaels, appreciate that you took the time.

I was present when that entire discussion took place with regard to the need for having traders on Toulan, and that is something I agree with. We had a few of them at Guardian Village, but that takes dedication and time.

I can see the need for some sort of trading function perhaps at Guardian Village, but the one thing we don't want to do is take away from the booth and shop owners, or those who sell from shopkeepers in their apartments. We created the Toulan Shop Inventory Tool where the inventory lists from all booths, shops and shopkeepers are added to the database and shows where to find the items you're looking for, but the challenge is for the booth, shop and shopkeeper owners to keep up with their inventory.

We want to support a Toulan economy, but it has to be in a way that doesn't take away from those who have invested in booths, shops and shopkeepers to facilitate trade. However, these individuals have to be dedicated to make sure they continue to restock inventory.

For those who come to Toulan to engage in hunting, mining and crafting, I can see the need to be able to sell resources, so it's definitely something to think about. What the course of action is at this point I'm not too sure, but one thing I know absolutely, is that Ant and Kendra read these feedback posts and take them seriously.

Hopefully, with a bit of constructive discussion we can perhaps figure something out that will help all.

Thanks for posting this thread John Michaels, appreciate that you took the time.
Thanks for the reply DME. I agree I would never want to take away from investors, that's just something you don't do in any type of business. Still, those who invest have to understand there are some risks for not keeping up with their investments. I know it is not an easy sell or an easy thing to manage.
Maybe the number of portable booths could be limited to like 3 to 5 max and only for an hour at a time that way everybody has a chance but would also limit the number non non-shop/booth/apartment sellers that way not offset the investments made. Like you said some good constructive discussion is needed to look at it from all angles. I look forward to more discussion on this and hope there is.

Heidi Stassinopolis

Shop Owner
Volunteer Mentor
VCAT Team Member
Let me know if you have questions or want to discuss more.

I might be missing the point here but isn't this the same as people standing about at twin peaks doing private trades? I don't see the point of people paying ped to do something they can do for free unless you mean it is somewhere that they can put their stuff up for sale and then go do other things at the same time? In that case I guess that would be like the caly banks? Maybe Nahar city could benefit from one???

Honestly I watched the chat too and Toulan needs crafters who have a reason to craft (nadiras mission, promise of estate pages etc) and keep coming back. The Nadira mission is great but eventually the reward becomes minimal as the players skill increases, maybe we need a more involved mission for higher level crafters as an add on.

I used to sell an awful lot of craftables from my shop but the number of crafters on Toulan has definitely declined and I have had to alter my shop content to suit, actually having done nadiras mission a lot I am now crafting a lot more to sell items in the shop which kind of proves my point above about needing a higher level mission. It's been a bit of a win win for me.

I think Ark did a great thing when they had the gold rush crafting event (although it wasn't perfect and people had complaints about it) but while it was running I spent the entire time mining to fill AH orders and honestly it was hard to keep up the economy was booming and of course as soon as the event ended it went back to normal, but it would be beneficial if, as well as the monthly shooting mobs event there were some kind of crafting and mining events happening regularly/occasionally/whenever and that could only benefit everyone.

The only incentive for a trader on Toulan is to turn up and buy at low MU (which is bad for the low level players) and go to Caly and resell it. Personally I don't buy things to sell in the shop as it is not worth it, I used to travel to Caly to buy mining amps to sell in the shop but that required a few k ped investment which was then tied up until it all sold in order to make maybe 20 - 30 ped profit. As soon as other shops started selling amps I gave up. It seems now that mining amps are a bit harder to get again so having a few bp's now I might look at crafting them but honestly it's a lot of investment and I'm not that commited to the idea.

It has been good that Toulan has had new BP's over the years but I feel a lot of them have been too quirky or gimicky, so everyone goes mad for them at the time they come out but then the interest is lost and the resources needed drop in MU value again. I really think we need more weapons/tools/armour/equipment bps to come out over the next several VU's and that might help stimulate the economy and give players more interest and playability in the game.

The Graduate rifle is great so maybe we could start with a bp for the (L) version??? or BP's for plates? or a pre amped finder? whatever MA will allow of course.

I might be missing the point here but isn't this the same as people standing about at twin peaks doing private trades? I don't see the point of people
I agree with you it does seem like the same thing. My point was for me or people like me who don't have all that much time to spam trade chats with what they are selling. I try to make the most effective use of my time. In real life, I do many things in a day. So for example I hunt for an hour or two on Toulan I have stuff saved up in storage. Rather than TT'ing or depositing more I want to sell my stuff. Well, it just happens that when my hunt is done I have a Zoom call for an hour or something that has to be fixed, etc. Well, I can't be sitting in a trade chat trying to sell stuff and taking a call or fixing stuff at the same time. I am good at multi-tasking but not that good. So If I had a portable stall or area where I could set my character up, put in what I am selling, and set the prices, then that leaves me the ability to work on what I need for real life and try to earn a bit of ped back. I hope that makes sense. It would be a way for users who are quite busy to try and sell stuff rather than spending some of their free game time in trade chats trying to sell. Not sure it was just an idea. I do see your point though.
I do agree the place needs more crafters and sellers, personally, I think a bit more advertising of what is on Toulan and what happens there somehow needs to get out there. I subscribe to a lot of chats and when Toulan hit the 17K on the Duhol Boss during the monthly event, one chat I had was filled with What mob is that, what planet is that on, etc. I was kind of shocked they didn't know. I informed them but still. Not saying DME and the gang aren't doing a stand-up job because they are. We as players need to talk about it more to others. Try and get more events to happen on Toulan maybe player-made events. Not sure.
I do like Monria, Toulan, and DSEC, the concepts are great just need to attract some more people.

Littlestar b-k

VCAT Team Member
We could maybe merge the players from Toulan and Dsec/Mom/Lotus temple area by linking Toulan with Dsec and unlinking Dsec with Monria as to not allow free travel.

Just a tought, Don't shoot me. :p

Top Bottom